Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette (Key West Food Critic Mystery #1)

An Appetite for Murder (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #1)An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For me this book was a done deal. What is not to like about a culinary cozy placed in the city of my birth-Key West... Hayley Snow, food critic, takes the reader on an impromptu tour of the island as she samples the local dining and comfort food hangouts for her reviews. She manages this while also trying to find a killer before she gets booked for the murder of her "maybe" future boss.

Houseboat living and glimpses at the local populace are enticing as Hayley, a transplant from New Jersey, makes her way through the clues and obstacles placed in her path throughout the novel.

Not only the descriptions of the scenery and places on the Key were refreshing to me, but the recipes included Hayley's Leaning Tower of Eggplant. I am a big eggplant fan....

I am anxiously awaiting (thanks to the included sneak peek) the 2nd book in the series scheduled for 09/2012.

An Appetite for Murder (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #1)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment